Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shadow Over Innsmouth

monster15
Doing pretty well on the raising money for school front. In the meantime, here's a song I have been working on for my DREAMS IN THE WITCH HOUSE e.p.; this is a kind of bare-bones version, and it gets gawky, but I would appreciate feedback (like, "hey! you have no business trying to music! get back to those drawings of naked witch chicks gulping blood already!") . Sorry, I can only offer a download in the meantime:
The Shadow Over Innsmouth
The song is based on my favorite H.P. Lovecraft story of the same title.
Here are the lyrics:

It started
as a ramble
as a tour of New England architecture
riding a rickety bus
with an evil-eyed driver of peculiar disposition
we rode beside the seaside
a strange jagged reef caught my eye
briefly but was forgotten

and
Oh
those lethal spires
and
Oh
those crumbling gables
missing shingles of roofs
missing sounds of horses hooves
no carriages
streets deserted, whispering walks
the empty looming warehouses with broken windows like
jagged teeth
and staring eyes
and Oh
those staring
eyes

glistening lips spread in abstract smiles
creeping through abandoned churchyards
climbing over rotted stiles
an ichthyian stench surrounding
intensifying

Oh what I would learn
as I gazed upon the tiered tiara
of white green gold
the hideous truths of my ancestry
marine truths unfold
it's enough to drive a man insane
to madness

Oh save me,from the shadow
from the shadow over Innsmouth
the water here is too shallow, too shallow
take me to Innsmouth
I dream of diving unfathomable fathoms
an undersea palace of rotting coral
and eerie phosphorescence
from Devil Reef we will make our dark descent.


No comments:

Post a Comment