Monday, August 15, 2011

Please help me get back to school!

I can't get a co-signer for a loan that is necessary for my return to theatre design school. It has taken me too long to get to where I am only to have my education potentially taken away from me because of familial and personal financial hardship. My journey to becoming a Purchase College Theatre Design Conservatory student is detailed on the facebook page. Delaying my education is no longer an option.
If you follow this blog, you've seen a few of the projects I have worked on while at school. My mom has put together a fundraiser page on facebook. You can look at it here:
HELP GET ME BACK TO PURCHASE

If you donate, you get stuff in return, kickstarter style:
For $1-10 donations--All who donate automatically receive a postcard designed by me with a personal message of thanks.

For $10-50 donations--You will receive an 8"x10" silk-screened print of one of my illustrations, the actual work has yet to be determined at the time of this posting but it will be awesome.

For donations of $50 or more I will create a one-of-a-kind 8"x10" illustration. You will also receive a $25 dollar gift certificate good towards a purchase of $100 dollars or more at Stereo Discount on the East Side of Providence. If you ask, I'll probably make you a cool monster doll or puppet or make you some cool clothes. These things are all within my power! I'm drawing portraits for some people, I can draw you a comic, design you a tattoo, whatever!

If none of these options float your boat, my mom,Melissa, has offered some hand-knit incentives (and she's a great knitter-I promise no acrylic yarn afghans):
$40 or more. Melissa will knit you a pair of socks.
$30 or more she will knit you a cowl (or neckwarmer for dudes) or a hat.
$20 or more she will knit you a pair of fingerless wrist/hand warmers.
$15 or more she will knit you a buttoned headband (great gift for the ladies in your life guys)

All items to be knit from 75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon yarn or 75% Pima Cotton, 25% Acrylic yarn for those who can't wear wool
CHECK OUT THE GOODS!

The donate button is below. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!








HELP A GUY OUT!

3 comments:

  1. i will donate after i get paid on friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, li, you're the best, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to donate but I'm using internet cafes in Peru! I get back to the States on Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete